Are those which cause glomerular to leak blood or protein into urine. Glomerular disease may be a result of a primary condition of the kidney, or may be secondary to a systemic disorder.
Signs and Symptoms
• Reduced GFR (and its effects)
• Renal function test
• Urine culture
• Complete blood count
• Others on tertiary hospital e.g. lupus serology, complements
• Furosemide I.V bolus, 80 mg.
If diastolic blood pressure is greater than 100 mmHg or systolic blood pressure is above 150 mmHg:
• Amlodipine 5 mg (PO) as a single dose
Note: The definitive treatment of nephritis depends on the cause – an assumption of acute post streptococcal nephritis or any other disease cannot be made without specific investigation which may include renal biopsy.
- • Give oxygen, and nurse in semi-Fowlers position if patient has respiratory distress.
• Restrict intake of all salt
• Restrict potassium containing foods and fluids
• Restrict fluid intake to 10 mL/kg/day daily plus visible fluid losses
23 Novemba 2020 11:53:17
I'm a paragraph. I'm connected to your collection through a dataset. Click Preview to see my content. To update me, go to the Data Manager.