top of page
Commonly presents as signs of peripheral neuropathy including:
• Tingling sensation
• Burning pain or numbness of the feet
Pyridoxine deficiency is related to:
• Isoniazid or combination TB therapy
Signs and symptoms
- Dietary advice:
Increase intake of pyridoxine rich foods such as:
• Liver, meat, fish and offal,
• Wholegrain cereals, fortified breakfast cereals,
• Peanuts, bananas, raw vegetables,
• Walnuts and seeds, avocados, dried fruits,
• Potatoes and baked beans.
- For deficiency
• Pyridoxine 12.5mg (PO) daily for 3 weeks.
• Pyridoxine, 25 mg (PO) daily for 3 weeks.
For medicine-induced neuropathy
• Pyridoxine, 50mg (PO) daily for 3 weeks.
• Pyridoxine, 200mg (PO) daily for 3 weeks.
Then followed by:
• Pyridoxine, 25mg (PO) daily as maintenance dose (for patients on TB therapy/isoniazid)
20 Novemba 2020 11:21:01
- 1. STG
bottom of page