top of page
Pellagra is a condition associated with nicotinic acid deficiency. It is usually accompanied by other vitamin deficiencies.
Signs and symptoms
• Dermatitis with darkening of sun-exposed skin
- • Lifestyle adjustment including discouraging of alcohol abuse.
Increase intake of
• Liver, kidneys, other meats, poultry and fish
• Pulses, whole meal wheat and bran
- For severe deficiency
• Nicotinamide, oral, 50 mg 8 hourly for one week.
• Nicotinamide, oral, 100 mg 8 hourly for one week.
For mild deficiency
• Nicotinamide, oral, 50 mg daily for one week.
• Nicotinamide, oral, 100 mg daily for one week.
20 Novemba 2020 11:16:41
- 1. STG
bottom of page