Principles of management of inhaled poisoning
Signs and symptoms
- • Remove from the source of exposure. Administer supplemental oxygen if required.
• Inhalation of irritant gases may cause swelling and upper airway obstruction, bronchospasm and delayed pneumonitis.
• Intubation, bronchodilators and ventilator support may be required
Educate the patient on Dos and Don’ts of poisoning prevention.
• Keep medicines and poison in proper containers and out of reach of children
• Use containers with child resistant caps
• Keep all products in their original container
• Read medicine labels carefully to avoid mistake
• Leave container open
• Transfer products from their origin
• Remove labels from the medicine products
• Put tablets into another containers such as purse or envelope
• Medicine/tablets as sweet
• Take your medicine in front of children as they often copy
14 Novemba 2020 15:03:06
- 1. STG